Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Twitter Article

The article I read was about the Supreme Court's case selection. I found it interesting that they were able to just choose the petitioner's that they wanted - that their selections were able to be biased based on interest. I hadn't really ever considered how the Supreme Court went about choosing the cases to try, but I definitely wouldn't have imagined that it went about this way.

The article that I found to suplement the above article is about the Snyder vs. Phelps case - which is about military funeral protests - mentioned in the previous article. I chose this article to read because it was an aspect from the Twitter article that I'd heard somewhat about before, and had found it interesting. Reading this supplementary article gave me details I hadn't known before, such as both sides of the argument, and how the WBC are defending their actions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment