Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Outstanding Ampersand Article Pitches

These pitches stood out to me, because they sound like actual pitches, not just thrown together ideas. Each article pitch seems solid and well thought-out, as well as interesting. The pitches seem unique, rather than just "my internship was at _________, and I did ______________.", and the pitches seem to contain some of the questions that he could use to drive his article, and so he has a good starting point for each of the three pitches.

The pitches on this blog stood out to me, because the writer spent her internship as a teacher, as I did. So, these pitches gave me perspective on what I might want to do in my article, and I saw similarities between my pitches and hers. I think that all three pitches - how she grew during her internship as a teacher, how working with the students affected her, and she first had this experience as a student, and now as a teacher - are all well thought out, and would make a good article. 

I think that the pitches on this blog were good, because all of the ideas were creative and stood on their own - there weren't any weak ideas. The pitches were unique, such as her first one, in which she proposed an article through an animal's perspective once they entered a veterinary hospital. The other article pitches, about describing a specific room or tool in detail, would also make good pieces of writing, because they aren't about your average internship experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment