Friday, December 3, 2010

Life: The Book Work Reflection

1.       What are you most proud of in your Life: The Book writing? Try to describe this is detail!
a.       In my Life: The Book writing, I am most proud of the fact that I was able to compile all of the data I collected into an informative article. In addition, I am also proud of how I wrote it – I feel that it is written in a professional manor, with very few, if any, errors.
2.       What are some changes or new ideas that you have developed in your writing through the course of this semester?
a.       Something that I have begun to incorporate into my writing throughout the past semester is the writing tips we periodically learn.  Tips, such as ‘cut down on your –ings’ and ‘what’s your engine’, help you to create a better piece of writing.
3.       If you had a little more time to work on your writing for Life: The Book, what would you do differently? What would you change about your writing?
a.       If I had a little more time to work on my writing for Life: The Book, I perhaps would have had it critiqued a few more times. Since I was absent during this process, I had a lot less feedback on my article. Although I was happy with the outcome of my article, it most likely could have been improved upon by going through a few more drafts.
4.       How has the additional element of publication in a book affected the way you approach writing?
a.       By knowing that your work is going to be published in a book, you try to make your writing more professional and polished. Both in writing and in critiquing other’s papers, you have to be necessarily more scrupulous than if it was just a paper being turned in normally. Things that may have been fine for a normal paper may not be as professional as needed for a paper that’s going to be viewed by people outside of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment