Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Honors History Blog #4

1. What did you gain from your experiences as an honors student in the first semester (please consider novels, leadership opportunities, writing, history, projects, etc.)?
  • From my experiences as an honors student this past semester, I believe I have grown as a writer and as a student. By being required to take on additional responsibilities during projects, such as critiquing and editing other's papers, I have become better and more skilled in those areas. So, by looking over the work of others, I have gotten better at looking over my own work, and writing so as to avoid mistakes I may see being made by others.
2. Discuss what you might have done differently if you could do this past semester of honors over again.
  • If I were to do this past semester of Honors Humanities over again, one thing I might have done differently would be choosing Honors book that truly interest me. Although none of the three books I chose over the past semester were necessarily boring, had I looked into it before hand and chosen books that seemed like they would captivate me, rather than just choosing one, I may have been able to enjoy this portion of Honors work a little bit more.
3. Discuss your goals for honors in the second semester.
  • For next semester's Honors, my goals would be to read my Honors books quicker so that I am not hurrying at the last minute to finish them, in addition to choosing a book that I like, and continue to keep on top of Honors assignments, either individual ones such as blogs, or in a specific role during a project.
4. If you could choose any specific parts of literature and/or history for our honors work next semester, what would you pick and why?
  • If I could choose a specific part of literature or history to focus on for my honors work next semester, I'm not sure what I would select. There's not necessarily a particular area in which I have a direct interest in - I'd be open to most literature or history, as long as it was presented in an interesting manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment