Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Semester 2, Blog 4

This is an article that was once in a newspaper, and so the paragraphs are short in order to hold the reader’s attention – a technique that may be useful in my Ampersand article. This article on Japan also includes quotes, which gives the article more content, and I could find quotes for my article by looking through my Mentor Interview, or going back and asking further questions if necessary. Lastly, something I like about this article is that it provides many statistics and facts, which add some credibility to the article, versus just generalizing, which is something that I could do in my Ampersand article, based on the topic.

I like this article because the layout is different, and has an encompassing theme. Instead of having multiple paragraphs about a general topic, the main theme/idea is stated outright, and the facts are given in bullet points. An article such as this could work as an article in ampersand, potentially, if an introduction/outro were added, and the bullet point section shrunk down. I think that if I could find a topic that led to a list of items, this could be a good type of article to write.

This third article is a how-to article, which could be a type of article for Ampersand. This layout has a main idea that the reader will learn to do, which can be something super specific, like how to cook something, or generalized, like how to be a good teacher. If I could find a facet of my internship that is teach-able, either a basic or complex idea, I could use that as my Ampersand article. Additionally, I like this article because it is neat and organized, and includes pictures on the topic that is being discussed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment