Friday, January 21, 2011

Internship - Blog #6

5. Who benefits from the work that you do at internship? How and/or why?
---

I think that the work I am doing at Alpine Elementary is beneficial to many, especially my mentor, Ms. Piper. Quite a bit of what I do, such as filing papers, or preparing homework packets, would normally be done by her, and so I am somewhat relieving her work load. Additionally, I help answer students' questions, or help them with their work, which they would normally be looking to Ms. Piper for. I also believe that my internship has been beneficial to the students, especially those who I am able to spend one-on-one time with. A few students who normally struggle with their work are now able to work in a separate, quieter  room, in which they are able to focus on their work and get help should they need it. Since I began working with them, one of them got their first 100% on a spelling test, which may be a result of the work I am doing with him. The last person who benefits from this work is me. By coming in everyday to a work environment, I am getting work experience which is definitely beneficial. 


No comments:

Post a Comment