Thursday, September 2, 2010

American Icon : Ideas

1. Shel Silverstein


- Became an 'icon' as a children's poetry author, although he never intended to get into that market.

- Didn't have many influences growing up, when he first became interested in writing and drawing. He says that not having anyone to copy, he was able to develop his own, unique writing style.

- His books inspire thought & creativity in children.

- Represents a love of reading for me; his books got me interested in reading when I was younger.




2. Warren Zevon


- Became an icon as a rock singer, with hits such as 'Werewolves in London'.

- A literary hero of his was Ken Millar, whom one of his albums was dedicated to.

- Represents to me the time when I first became interested in music.

- Became an important figure to me when I was introduced to his music, and greatly enjoyed it.




3. Kimberly Freeman


- Not quite an 'icon', but a lead singer of a band.

- Represents to me an icon in the music field, both for her music and personality.

- Became an important figure to me when I began playing guitar and listening to her band's music.

- Influences and inspires her band's fan base, as well as other bands inspired by her music style.



No comments:

Post a Comment