Thursday, September 9, 2010

Icons Loop

"Kimberly Freeman is the lead singer and guitarist of the Texas-based band, One-Eyed Doll. Since coming out with her band’s first album in 2007, her fan-base has jumped from a small following to thousands of fans world-wide. She has released three other albums since her debut, including one piece of solo work. Those three successful albums have led to multiple nationwide tours, making her a rock star in her own right. Musicians like her give me the inspiration to play music."

---

"I find Kimberly Freeman to be inspirational not only in the music she plays, but in the attitude she carries. She makes music for the sake of making music, putting every one of her albums on her website for free, because she wants all of her fans are able to enjoy her music, whether or not they can afford to purchase it. Although I can’t say I’ll follow in her footsteps as a professional guitar player in a rock band, or that I’d want to, I can definitely take inspiration in her lifestyle – doing what she loves to do on a daily basis by following her dreams and working hard. If I am able to achieve this in life, I will feel as if I have succeeded."

---

1. I chose this intro/outro combo because I felt that starting out by introducing my icon, and then returning to explain why she is my icon in the final paragraph, best followed the 'loop' format. I originally had what is now my intro as my fourth paragraph, but found that my entire paper flowed better when I set it as my first paragraph.

2. The opening and closing paragraphs tie together my big ideas by describing who my icon is, and then why she is my icon.

3. I hope that the reader of my paper walks away from it feeling as if they understand what I was trying to convey in my paper, such as why my icon is my icon, as well as how she has inspired me for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment