Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What Stands Out So Far

What stands out to you in your learning?
          -What stands out to me in our learning so far this year is how quickly we jump into things, and, even so early in the year, that we are capable of it. We started the American Icons project nearly at the start of the year, and managed to wrap it up in less than a month. Even though school had just began, we managed to produce quality work in the time given, by doing multiple drafts of our writing and working hard.
 
What is working well in this class?
          -I think one thing that is working well in this class is the writing tips. We have been learning writing tips, such as 'Make Meaning Early' and 'Activate Your Verbs', this past month, and, through learning these tips while working on a writing assignment, we were able to incorporate them in order to make our writing better.
 
What can you do to build upon your successes?
          -I think that, in order to build upon my successes, I can continue putting effort into the work I do, and keep getting my work done on time. During the icons project, I got both my picture and writing done on time, and, by working hard, I was happy with the initial versions, and through drafting and revision, was even heppier with my work.
 
What very specific, concrete & manageable steps can you take to make the most of your opportunities to learn in this class?
          -To make the most of the opportunities to learn in this class, I can be sure to take good notes to refer back to if need be, as well as write down my homework for every night, so I don't miss or forget to do anything.
 
What are your goals for the next few weeks in class?
          -I think that my goals for the next few weeks would have to be the same as the steps I can take to fully learn in this class - take good notes, and make sure I understand what to do for homework each night, as well as put effort into the work I am doing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment