Monday, September 13, 2010

Questions About Your Writing...

1. I think that the most successful part of my artist statement has been getting all of my ideas down onto a single sheet of paper, in a way that flows from paragraph to paragraph. I think this because it took me a while to convey my ideas surrounding my icon into writing, and then even longer to self-edit in order to making it sound right as a whole.
2. The writing tip that has been the most helpful to me would have to be 'The Loop', because it teaches you how to bring all of your ideas together in a polished way. Through use of this tip, I was able to better organize my paper, by switching several paragraphs around, thus creating a paper that flows more easily and showcases my ideas.
3. The most challenging part of composing my paper was placing myself in a continuum of icons. I found this to be difficult initially, when choosing my icon, because I had a hard time finding a connection to any icon. I ended us choosing a singer/guitar player as my icon, and was able to make a connection through our instrument of choice, but still had a tough time actually seeing the continuum. In the end, I was able to connect through the idea that she, as an expert guitar player, is able to make a living doing what she enjoys, and that I, a beginner guitar player, although I may not want to follow in her footsteps as being in a band, I definitely would like to take her lead of doing what she loves as a career.

4. Although the most helpful, I think that the most difficult writing tip to implement in our writing has been 'The Loop'. While this writing tip could easily be used to write a paper, it was somewhat difficult to alter an existing piece of work in order to incorporate 'The Loop'.

5. "I find Kimberly Freeman to be inspirational not only in the music she plays, but in the attitude she carries. She makes music for the sake of making music, putting every one of her albums on her website for free. She wants all of her fans are able to enjoy her music, whether or not they can afford to purchase it. Although I can’t say I’ll follow in her footsteps as a professional guitar player in a rock band, or that I’d want to, I can definitely take inspiration in her lifestyle – doing what she loves to do on a daily basis by following her dreams and working hard. If I am able to achieve this in life, I will feel as if I have succeeded."

- How can I transform my final paragraph into an outro, rather than a conclusion?
- Are there any writing tips I can inorporate into my final paragraph in order to make it stronger?
- Does my closing paragraph properly flow with the rest of my paper?

No comments:

Post a Comment