Tuesday, September 7, 2010

American Icons & Resources

I only really focus on one American icon in my paper – Kimberly Freeman. However, another icon, American or otherwise, featured in my paper is the guitar. To me, Kimberly Freeman represents the type of music I enjoy, as well as someone who is successful in living a life in which they do what they love. The guitar, or more specifically the electric guitar, also represents the genre of music I enjoy listening to, as well as a way to replicate the music I love. These two ‘icons’ fit together quite easily, as Kimberly plays the guitar in her band, One-Eyed Doll. With the guitar, I am able to emulate the tunes played by Kimberly Freeman in her band, thus making her an apparent choice as my American Icon.




The only resourse, so far, that I have used to complete my artist statement is the band's website, in which background information on the individual members of One-Eyed Doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment